It’s a brand new year! Many of you may be considering a change of address with 2013 upon us. If you're already a home owner, you'll have to sell your existing home. Here are a few thoughts about prepping your home.
If you want it to sell for a million bucks it should look like a million bucks.
- It’s a simple concept, one which is often ignored or poorly communicated: If your home looks the part, someone will be happy to write you a check. To illustrate this in reverse ask yourself, “Would you pay a new car price for an average used car?"
- May be your home isn't perfect - few homes are. Ask yourself what is special about your home and highlight that feature. Have a great deck in your backyard? Show off your outside oasis; outfit the space with plants and flowers to go with your outdoor furniture.
- If your house is on the market, keep it clean at ALL TIMES. An agent may want to show your house last minute, and it's best to be prepared. If it's untidy - buyers will sense your home has less value! If you want top dollar for your home, it needs to be presented in its best state. I promise you flash equals cash.
- Even though low inventories have helped to generate improved sales, it's the homes with prices that appear to be a real value that produce multiple offer situations. This is the best way to guarantee a great sales price!
- Few people have the eye for interior design that a professional does. Without investing thousands of dollars, a staging company can help refine your home by de-cluttering, optimizing your use of the space and enhancing your lighting. Bringing in an outside eye might bring a whole new perspective!
By: Philip Schwartz